Boston’s top wedding venues in my mind
I always get asked “What is your favorite place to shoot a wedding?” Since my sisters finally getting married, she’s asked me too. Well, I finally have put my answer in writing! Here they are, the top ten wedding venues in Boston I love shooting at.
10. Lyman Estate The Lyman Estate has such beautiful grounds and it’s perfect for an outdoor wedding with an antique feel. They just renovated it, and it’s beautiful!!!
9. Warren Conference Center – Warren Conference Center, is a quaint and a lovely wedding venue, hosting both an outdoor ceremony site, and a venue, all in one. They also have amazing areas for photographs around the campus.
8. Codman Estate I love the Codman Estate! They have Italian Gardens and gorgeous grounds for a great outdoor wedding. They have the carriage house to have your dancing in, and a tent extended over the area to have outdoor seating. They also have a great list of vendors they work with. The one I believe is the best is Tastings Caterers, but that’s just my opinion 🙂 I have shot 19 weddings at the Codman! That is a record for me! The only down side of the Codman is that if it’s a nice day your guests will wander the grounds looking at the flowers, and playing lawn games. It’s like a throw back to the 40s, it’s amazing.
7. Gibbet Hill Barn Gibbet Hill is also a steakhouse in Groton MA. This Groton MA Venue is converted the old barn into a wedding venue, and it’s rustic. Great for fall weddings!! So many places for photos. They have an abandoned Castle up at the top of the hill that’s really great for photos.
6. Tewksbury Country Club Tewksbury Country Club is one of those venues that’s elegant and one of the most popular places in and around Boston.
5. Chatham Bars Inn Another amazing on-the-water spot in New England spot. Even thought its not in Boston, it’s down the Cape, and it’s beautiful.
4. Crane Estate -Castle Hill I feel like this is going to be a blog about fun facts about each venue. The Crane Estate up on Castle Hill in Ipswich MA is such an amazing venue. First it was the location of the last scene in Flower’s in the Attic. It’s got a sprawling lawn that over looks the ocean. It’s a mansion everyone dreams of owning. It’s just so pretty, but only made for about 80 guests.
3. Fairmount Copley – This venue has a fun fact. It was the location for the movie “Bride Wars” The scene when Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson (love her) run back and forth across the hall to each others wedding. It’s also just an up scale swanky hotel. It’s hard putting it at number 3. They also hand plate the dinner, which keeps the elegance and class going. The staff is amazing, not only to the guests, but to the vendors as well. They will also allow you to get married in the Oval Room, so it’s a ceremony and reception site in one place! You get ready upstairs in the wonderful hotel rooms, and you can go outside for some picturesque scenes around Boston.
2. Ocean’s Edge – Another on- the- water location. I love it because I spent summers hanging out on the beach there. I know how to get there without getting lost. The pathway down to the water is so cool, and there is so much character and charm to the outside.
1. Lake View Pavilion This is a gorgeous venue in Foxboro. It’s has ceilings draped with tulle and twinkle lights. The up lighting is always done so beautifully, and the center chandelier was made for a wedding. The service and staff is amazing. This photo is of the old LakeView Pavilion before it had a tragic fire years ago. I hear its even more beautiful now and I can’t wait to check it out!